- To prepare all spa professionals to safely and compassionately care for clients with cancer.
- Offer the best oncology education that will encourage understanding and love to change the way we look at, and care for, our clients living with cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Oncology Spa Solutions® goal and passion for sharing this training really started decades ago but came into full, clear view when Becky met a client in 2011 that had Stage 4 Renal (Kidney) Cancer. He shared with her that his only JOY in life now was his weekly spa treatment; he was at the end of his life and there were no more treatment options for his cancer.
When his Spa therapist found out he had cancer (oh yes, they will come to you and NOT share this important detail), the therapist (who was not trained) did not feel confident in treating him any longer and “fired him” by telling him he could no longer come in. As he shared this, tears rolled down his face. Becky never forgot that moment….
This was heartbreaking because it never should have happened. A therapist with proper training could have confidently cared for this man and given him joy and comfort for the rest of his life.
We hope you decide to invest in yourself with this unique, and life-changing, training so that you can feel confident to help clients like this when they will need you the MOST.
Essentials Basic Course
Class is typically held Sun-Tue and the times are 9-6 on Sun & Mon and 8-5 on Tues, but be sure to check the dates
August 20th – 22nd
August 28th – 30th
September 9th – 12th
September 10th – 12th
September 16th – 18th
September 17th – 19th
Boynton Beach, FL
September 24th – 26th
October 8th – 10th
Jordyn, Holly & Becky
October 15th – 17th
Traci, Carol & Becky
October 15th – 17th
Click below for
Pricing and Registration
This 3-day introduction course is designed to give you a foundational understanding of cancer, cancer treatments and how they will impact your clients’ skin. You will learn how to ask the right questions, analyze the information and then customize treatments for any client with compromised health.
You will learn:
- The basics of cancer as it relates to skincare
- How to safely reduce the skin related side-effects
- How cancer effects our clients mind and emotions
- How to determine proper products and ingredients; the safe, the not so safe and the outright toxic
- Hands-on training with survivors as you learn how to customize and offer safe treatments
- Learn how to utilize the information to increase your client base and positive visibility within your community.
- How to work with Cancer Centers, Hospitals, Referrals from Dr’s.
Each class includes:
- Training manual/workbook ($125 value)
- USB flash drive with digital product information/forms ($60 value)
- Equipment that can be used on oncology clients ($150 value)
- Product samples ($60 value)
- Oncology-Trained Canvas Tote bag (value $35)
- Certificate of Completion
- Bring your completed NCEA Certified Candidate Application to class and get complimentary Records Verification ($175 Savings)
- This class has been approved for 10 CEs by the Commission on Accreditation (COA).
For additional details, full curriculum, and information on class dates other than those listed above:
This is VERY exciting….. This will be our 3rd year of offering Advanced classes and many of you have attended and gone on to do wonderful things with your life & your business. I have enjoyed them too and learn something new each time we have one. Stay tuned for upcoming dates and locations!
- LED – learn how to use LED to help with scars, pain, Neuropathy, Mucositis and stress related aging caused by cancer and treatments.
- Hands on with new treatments that you can offer your clients (both with cancer or healthy) that will make you stand out and your clients return.
- Cancer Survivor Guest panel with hands-on for more practical experience
- Hospital panel discussion that will share with you the benefits of having an Integrative program and then some one on one time for those that are interested in working with hospitals in your area to help you get the YES, what to avoid and how you can really help their patients.
- Field trip to view cancer center – take a tour, connect with staff and find out what’s needed to implement a similar program in your area.
- Marketing Materials Workshop – put together your Marketing Kit
- Proposal Workshop – actual hands on to put together your own proposal for use in your community.
- Special guest speakers at both classes
All materials, tools, Mission Partner Goodies and lunch will be supplied.
Online Training Course
When can you introduce color back into your client’s life?
What products are safe or unsafe to use during chemotherapy?
And, before you shave/cut your client’s hair, do you know if they will they even loose it?
This course is for the Stylist that wishes to know the answers to those questions and many more so they can safely care for their clients as they experience cancer. It contains training modules with an exam and certification of completion at the end.
- Basics of cancer and how it relates to the hairdresser/stylist
- Overview of the current treatments used in the US and their side effects
- Ingredients in Hair products – What’s good/what’s not?
- How traumatic is hair loss, how does it affect our client?
- Hair cutting, wigs, scalp issues, treatment modifications.
- Do we need anything special to service this client?
- Time frames for services
- How do we let our clients/community know that are trained to care for them?
Group Training for Hair Salons
The Pearl Harbor Navy Base team of 25 Hair Stylists were trained so they would be prepared to care for the many clients on the island that have cancer.
“I have spoken to several of the stylists and they were so appreciative of the class and only had a ton of compliments on how valuable the information was. Again, thank you for all that you have shared”. (GV, Navy Exchange Hawaii)
The Minneapolis, MN Intelligent Nutrients Hair Salon team of 12 Stylists were trained by Oncology Spa Solutions® and they have gone on to do many events at the local Cancer Center and Children’s hospital.
Way to go, keep up the great work!!!
“Thank you so much Becky! This is very exciting to be officially trained!!!!” (JM, Salon Manager)
Registration policy and options
All course fee’s need to be paid in full prior to the start of class unless arrangements are made ahead of time. To hold your space and register for an Oncology Spa Solutions® training class you may:
On rare occasions, we must cancel a class due to weather, insufficient enrollment numbers or other unforeseen circumstances. So please check in with us prior to making any non-refundable travel costs or taking time off of work.
- If we cancel, your tuition can either be refunded in full or transferred to another location.
- If you cancel less than 30 days prior to the training date, the class fee is non-refundable. (It can however, be transferred to another class location and used within 1 year).
- If you cancel within 60 days of the scheduled training date, the class fee is refundable less $75 transaction fee or you can transfer in full to another training and used within 1 year.